Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas, Another Review, and Some "Stormy Weather"

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, from Challenger Storm and MARDL (and me, naturally).  I hope the holidays were truly joyous and filled with wonder for you and yours.

Another review of "The Isle of Blood" is up over on Amazon.com, this time from reader Michael Brown.  So far, I haven't heard anything too negative about the book... I guess I've done something right, and I'm glad to hear all the positive feedback for my debut work!  Work continues (somewhat slower than it should be) on the follow-up...

Meanwhile, here's a tidbit for you: the version of "Stormy Weather" that Storm is listening to during the book's epilogue.  Now, I didn't set out to make a pun or anything with the song's title, I just needed a song that would be popular and new during the year it was set (late 1933, to be exact) and wanted something with that melancholy feel that only old-records can provide.  A quick search or two later and voila! I had my song.  And I've loved the song from the first time I heard it.

No comments:

Post a Comment